Показано с 1 по 13 из 13

0 Not allowed!

Цитаты из вселенной BattleTech

"Человеческая жизнь - дешевка, а робот стоит денег"
    Поговорка во внутренней сфере. Уильям Кейт, Кровь Героев.
    Последний раз редактировалось d1mka; 18.03.2013 в 09:27.

0 Not allowed!
    Hear you now the tales of battles and glory, of honors won and glories gained. Behold the tales of The Remembrance, the essence of our people.
    -Opening to the Jade Falcon Remembrance

We are the Jade Falcons, the heart and soul of what Nicholas Kerensky saw as his great vision for our people. Even if you took away our weapons, destroyed every BattleMech, Elemental Suit, and fighter, we still could defeat our foes. The reason is simple: we are not just a Clan driven by our technology, but a race of superior Warriors. A Warrior does not require weapons to crush his or her foe, they can do it with their bare hands.
    The BattleMechs make us even more deadly. I hope that the Wolves consider this and tremble in their dens.
    -Khan Vandervahn Christu

You are part of the Screaming Falcon sibko. I am you instructor-and much more than that. I am your life. My word is law. My will is divine inspiration. My orders are edicts for you to live and die by. Heed what I say, and you may yet live to honor the glory of the Jade Falcon. Ignore me, and face not just my wrath, but a Circle of Equals and your fate . . .
    -Introduction Speech, Star Captain Utar, Clan Jade Falcon Sibko Instructor

Our way is the true divine path of the great Kerensky. Aleksandr led us from the death and destruction that was to devour the spirit of the Inner Sphere. Nicholas, our founder and vision, forged us into the Clans. The Jade Falcon has always seen the true path to our destiny. We have always known it was our people's will to return to the Inner Sphere on the most holy of Crusades, and re-forge the Star League.
    -Star Captain Redaldo, Clan Jade Falcon

Suggesting that the Clans will not one day return to Terra is akin to a man suggesting that the sun will not shine tomorrow or that Clan Jade Falcon has forgotten the words of the Great Kerenskys.
    -Khan Vandervahn Chistu in a speech before the Grand Council

Because we adhere strictly to the words of Kerensky, all caste members, from the least-skilled laborer to the best warrior, hold only one opinion on the Crusader question.
    -Khan Yvonne Hazen in a speech to the Grand Council

I do not trust the Wolves, for they have proven themselves creatures of opportunity, of individualism, of lax morals, and of unforgivable disregard for our origin. Yet I respect them, for they are warriors, bred true in accordance with our tradition. But to send the Wolves' freeborn bastards to the Inner Sphere is folly heaped on folly! Fellow Khans, I swear upon my oath to Turkina herself that once these lowborns are free of Clan obedience, they will never willingly return!
    -Khan Yvonne Hazen in a speech to the Grand Council during the Wolf's Dragoons debates

This day, fellow Khans, will be remembered years from now as the dawning of mankind's rebirth. No longer must these barbarian hordes suffer through the dark, violent night of their own folly. We are returning; we are the sun of righteousness that will illuminate those who dream of peace, and burn to ashes the demons and devils responsible for the darkness.
    -Khan Elias Crichell in a speech before the Grand Council, November 3048

Success will depend on our devotion to the words of the Great Kerenskys, and on how we manage the bid against the other Clans for what little glory will be won in the Inner Sphere.
    -Khan Elias Crichell in an address to Peregrine Galaxy

Our forces will use Operation Revival to attack in much the same way an unseen falcon strikes at a fat, flying pigeon; with paralyzing surprise, undeniable momentum, and unstoppable force. We will leave behind only a haze of blood and a flurry of feathers.
    -Khan Elias Crichell, in a speech to his commanding officers

By Kerensky's heart, the computers in first-level 'Mech simulators are worthier opponents than these barbarians!
    -Commend of a Jade Falcon warrior after action on the Periphery world of Last Chance

Some say that we should be more cautious in our advance, that the warriors of the Inner Sphere are valiant and dangerous opponents. But we are the Clans. We shall triumph in the name of the Star League. Caution? Let us throw caution to the Wolves...
    -Star Admiral Adrian Malthus

How does Icaza take bad news? Let me put it this way. I'd rather be covered with paper cuts and then thrown into a vat of lemon juice than tell Icaza something he ain't goin' to like.
    -Captain Danielle Marks, aide to Colonel Carl Icaza

Lisa Buhallin is the least known of all our Founders, even though her books tell us about the first days of Clan Jade Falcon. We honor her privacy.
    -Angeline Mattlov, Loremaster, Clan Jade Falcon

I do not agree at all with what Ulric and his people are doing. As ilKhan, he has led our people down the road to ruin. Through these damnable Trials of Refusal, he is wasting resources and waste is something that a true Warrior cannot tolerate for long. He has turned his back on our very way of life, and I look forward to what our people shall do to him in the field. The fights will be quick and glorious-then we can turn our attention to where it belongs-Terra.
    But heed this. The Wolves, despite what we think of them, are Clan. As Clan, we shall treat them with honor. Then we will crush their throats and put an end to this mindless truce . . .
    -Khan Elias Crichell prior to the Battle for Wotan

To us, fighting for rank is alien and almost barbaric. To the Clans, it ensures that only their most proficient Warriors rise through the ranks. This is only one of the reasons that I recognize these enemies for the threat that they are . . .
    -Precentor Martial Anastasius Focht, Comstar

"To define the embodiment of honor is to understand the nature of the Clans..."
    -Out of Ignorance: The Return of Kerensky's People

"Ambition is the fire of the will, the spur to the horse, and the arm wielding the flashing sword."
    -A Clan saying.

"Do you swear upon the words of the Great Kerensky that you will follow the ordained trail through the black firmament of space, the trail that will ultimately lead us back to Terra to restore all that was good and pure in the Star League?
    Aff. I swear my blood future upon it."
    -From the ilKhan oath-taking ceremony.

True warriors do not follow paths, they make them. It is not just their desire, it is their nature.
    -Nicholas Kerensky

Politics is supposed to be the second oldest profession. I have come to realize that it bears a very close semblance to the first.
    -Attributed to General Alekandr Kerensky

Politics is of great use to men such as myself. It helps determine who should be on the dangerous end of a PPC.
    -General Aaron DeChevilier, second-in-command to Alekandr Kerensky

The role of the warrior is to be more than the highest of castes. It is to protect the weak, defend the innocent, to be more than just a mere soldier as in ages past. No, a warrior is more than the genetics that have formed him or her. They are to be the embodiment of my vision, a new direction for our species.
    -Franklin Osis, Founder of the Smoke Jaguar Clan

The thought of the Star League being reborn without our divine input and guiding hand is appalling. It eats at my very soul. We must not wait, we must seize the initiative while it is still within our grasp.
    -Khan Leo Showers, addressing the Grand Council, November 3048

"All praise the art of batchall and bidding
    For it proves our love of peace and tradition."
    -The Remembrance, Passage 118, Verse 2, Lines 11-12.

"What do you mean the Galaxy command net is down? That isn't possible, unless . . . by Kerensky's Ghost-Falcons in the compound! All command staff, Jade Falcons in the camp . . ."
    -Last words of Warrior Darion, Wolf Clan, Wotan

There will be a time when our descendants
    Return to reclaim what is our right.
    With honor and swelling their hearts, they will crusade
    Against the dark emotions that have dimmed
    The Inner Sphere for so long.
    But with glory comes responsibility;
    Without a pure soul we cannot give sight
    To their blind lives, but will only blind ourselves.
    -The Remembrance, Passage 3, Verse 41, Lines 1-8.

And Minaka Widowmaker spoke,
    "I claim the Bloodname Vordermark;
    It was my mother's and my mother's father's.
    It is mine by association and blood pride."
    The Council was stunned and outraged
    By her lack of respect for the Clan ways.
    Then the ilKhan rose and spoke wise words.
    "Such a claim is not freely granted, Minaka.
    Although your blood may cry out Vordermark,
    It is your muscle and mind that will make it so.
    Remember that Rede of our past, Widowmaker,
    And do not ask words to win what the trial decides.
    If strong, you will win the Right.
    But do justice to our future
    By remembering our past, young one.
    Those are my words, that is my judgment."
    -The Remembrance, Passage 167, Verse 34, Lines 33-48.

"And Nicholas stood with
    The first gathering of Khans
    To draw up tenets of what made a warrior.
    Wars have often killed the innocent,
    Ruined entire societies.
    Not within the Clans.
    Wars were for the warriors to wage
    And that innocents not suffer
    At the hands of trueborns."
    -The Remembrance, Passage 10, Verse 5

0 Not allowed!
    I am impressed. A Wolf with balls.
    --Khan Marthe Pryde to Khan Vladimir Ward.

You vile stravag! Your lies foul the air! Your accusations are the lowest use of politics I have heard in this chamber. It is you, Perigard Zalman, who is the filthy freebirth, and I challenge you to a Trial! ”
    — Khan Marthe Pryde to Perigard Zalman in the Grand Council, 3060

War councils and warriors. The words sound well together, but they do not belong together. Warriors should act, not talk.
    — Marthe Pryde to Aidan, regarding the Jade Falcon War Council on Tukayyid.

And I see now that it was wrong. It is wrong for two people in the same sibko to favor each other. The sibko is what is important, not its individual members.
    — Marthe in conversation with Aidan.

I am canister-born and sibko-bred, from the Mattlov-Pryde genetic line. My name is not Jorge; it is Aidan. Clan law permits me to compete for the Bloodname of Pryde, which was that of my genemother Tanya Pryde.
    --Aidan, making his claim for a Bloodname

We will purge our old ideals and ethics; those belong to the corrupt stars of the Inner Sphere, and will not serve as we begin anew. Now, while our minds are open and yearning for new insight, we must remold them and fill them with the truth of our destiny. For we are destined not only to be different from those we left behind, but also better. My father knew this, and saved us from the holocaust of the Inner Sphere. I accept it as truth, and have returned to lead you, the survivors of this most bitter trial.
    — Nicholas Kerensky to his loyalists on Strana Mechty, 2802

"Our victories here have proved the rightness of the Way of the Clans; let it always be so among those of the True Faith. Let these few words always announce our coming and portend our victory."
    -Nicholas Kerensky speaking on Clan Liberation Day, May 26, 2822

So should all of us fight our enemies - openly, but with overwhelming force. Thus we may win true glory, by defeating the foe in honorable combat
    -From Birth of a New Society: The Collected Writings of Nicholas Kerensky, Strana Mechty Press, 3025

Voice of Kerensky:
    "To all citizens of the Inner Sphere do I, Aleksandr Kerensky, send greetings.“
    "Know that I have taken the remnant of the Star League Defense Force which has remained true to its purpose beyond the boundaries of the Inner Sphere, beyond the Periphery. I have done this, neither out of disappointment with those whom we leave behind, nor out of spite or disdain, as some will say. No, we have left the Inner Sphere because we love it too much to see it destroyed. In the wake of the Usurper's coup, and the long, bitter fighting that came with it, I fear that my forces would do incalculable, possibly irreparable, harm to our society. We are sworn to ward the Star League and its subjects, not destroy it.
    "Thus, we have left the only homes we have ever known to place the destructive capability of this armada beyond the reach of those who would use it, not for defense, but for conquest. Perhaps, with the might of our 'Mechs and ships out of reach, the leaders who now grapple with one another will relinquish their dreams of subjugating their neighbors and learn to live in peace with them.
    "Perhaps, one day, should mankind step back from the brink of the abyss, we, our children, or our children's children will return, to once more serve and protect and guide the Star League in mankind's quest for the stars.”
    "Farewell."
    __
    переводы последуют.

0 Not allowed!
    Star Commander, your incompetence wasted resources in this debacle you called a battle. I challenge you to a Trial of Grievance.
    — Star Commander Leesa

I say you are no better than freebirth, and you shall not foul that 'Mech with your unclean hands. How do you defend your illegitimate claim?
    — Star Captain Alejandro, Clan Jade Falcon, 3043 (Challenge to a Trial of Possesion)

Aidan Pryde fought like a man possessed, destroying more than two lances of ComGuards and ensuring himself legendary status among the Clans and the Successor States.
    — Precentor Martial Anastasius Foch

A Star Commander in her prime is worth three Inner Sphere surats or wet-behind-the-ears, unblooded 'Mech-babies. Even past our prime we are worth two of them.
    — Star Commander Joanna, Clan Jade Falcon, 3058

The Jaguar hunts me in the midnight of my dreams. But honor protects my soul from her vengeful claws.
    — MechWarrior Trent

Khan Pryde has the wisdom to make good use of an honorable warrior-even a mere freebirth like me.
    — Star Captain Horse, Clan Jade Falcon, 3058

In politics, there are two sides to every issue. After politics, there must be only one side to any issue.
    — Khan Elias Crichell, Clan Jade Falcon

Trust Khan Elias Crichell to make the Camelot Command fiasco look like a victory—even we know that not all warriors deserve to be Falcons.
    — MechWarrior Marthe, Clan Jade Falcon, Quarell, Dec 3051
    Последний раз редактировалось RJF_TwiceBorn; 05.04.2013 в 10:40.

0 Not allowed!
    "Николай смотрел на роботов и все думал, как объединить свой разобщенный, погрязший в междоусобицах народ, чтобы в один прекрасный день стальной фалангой вернуться во Внутреннюю Сферу и восстановить Звездную Лигу. И еще одна задача стояла перед ним, задача, требовавшая решения в первую очередь: как остаться верным заветам своего отца? Как заставить людей жить по суровым законам, которые дал– своему народу генерал Александр Керенский? Как убедить людей в необходимости вести спартанский образ жизни, в необходимости пожертвовать буквально ВСЕМ?
    (c) Путь Кланов.

__
    "Те, кто разрушает веру в единство - падут во тьму"(с) Николай Керенский

__
    Вся история Клана – это история экономии, сохранения, восстановления. В Клане принято извлекать из всего максимум пользы. Когда какая–то деталь механизма отслуживала свой срок, ее заменяли другой. То же касалось и людей. Изувеченную часть тела ампутировали, заменяли протезом, и человек продолжал приносить Клану пользу. И уж, конечно, окончившие свои дни на полях сражений боевые роботы разбирались до последнего винтика, и все, что могло еще служить, использовалось вновь и вновь. Из нескольких разбитых роботов воссоздавался один, но целый. Техники в своих донжонах творили чудеса. (Отсюда и донжон – так воины называли их мастерские, из–за грязи, сумрачности и густой атмосферы таинственности, которой была окружена деятельность техников.) Для людей Клана экономность, даже скупость, становилась второй натурой. Раньше Эйден находил естественной эту традицию, начало которой положил еще Керенский. Особым декретом генерал объявил, что общество Кланов, будучи технологически развитым обществом, исторически вынуждено жить в условиях, малопригодных для существования. Историческая миссия, возложенная на Кланы (завоевание Внутренней Сферы и воссоздание Звездной Лиги), требует сочетать высокий уровень технологии с простым, даже примитивным образом жизни. Все в человеке должно быть подчинено великой миссии Кланов, и общественное благо для него выше личного. Любая роскошь недопустима для любого человека любой касты. Во всем должен соблюдаться режим строжайшей экономии. Расточительность рассматривалась как тягчайшее преступление, особо опасное для общества. Любая задача должна была решаться с привлечением минимума ресурсов и затрат. Это касалось и эмоций. Человеку предписывается сдержанность: допустимы лишь те эмоции, которые полезны для дела. Всякое новшество принималось прежде всего с точки зрения его полезности Кланам. (с) Путь Кланов

__
    "Решили девять роботов: "Судьбе мы вызов бросим"
    Но в Бога верил лишь один, и их осталось восемь.

Гуляли восемь роботов, кругом лесная сень.
    Один споткнулся о пенек, и их осталось семь

Семь роботов решили раз на речке поиграть,
    нырнули двое в глубину, и их осталось пять

Пять роботов сердитых в войну играть пытались,
    и вот на поле боевом лишь четверо остались

Четыре робота, смеясь, закусывали в поле,
    один кусок побольше взял, и их осталось трое

Один из роботов троих скрипел едва-едва,
    какой-то винтик подкрутил, и их осталось два

Два робота, сойдя с тропы, увидели обрыв,
    один сломал себе хребет, другой остался жив.

Последний робот, разозлясь, вступил в жестокий бой..."(c) Имя Крови
    Последний раз редактировалось RJF_TwiceBorn; 08.04.2013 в 20:13.

0 Not allowed!
    "Пусть волки забрали себе гены Керенского. Его дух принадлежит именно нам."(с) я и огнефир, давно.

7. 3 пользователей сказали cпасибо RJF_TwiceBorn за это полезное сообщение:

Falconer (01.05.2013),Turon (08.06.2013),Пух (11.04.2013)

0 Not allowed!
    Коррекция армады.

"Жизнь - это Круг Равных.
    Там Судьба стремится подчинить себе Клан Волка и проигрывает.
    Там Судьба хочет разбить Клан Медведя и смиряется.
    Там Судьба хочет заставить прислушаться к ее речам Клан Кречета
    и внемлет Клану сама."
    (C) неизвестный отрывок из Предания нефритовых Соколов, Роберт Торстон, Путь Кланов, перевод Армады.

В оригинале:
    Fate sits high in the bidder's chair
    Trying to subdue the Wolf Clan And failing;
    Trying to outbid the Ghost Bears And losing;
    Trying to make the Jade Falcons listen to reason
    And listening instead.

Предварительный перевод:
    Судьба - желает надзирать над биддингом,
    Пытаясь ослабить Клан Волка - безуспешно
    Пытаясь перебить бид Призрачных Медведей - и проигрывая
    Пытаясь заставить Нефритовых Соколов прислушаться к ней,
    Но слушаясь их сама.

Забавным нюансом здесь является тот факт, что "Trying to make <...> listen to reason" скорее имеет значение "прислушаться к голосу разума"=), что как бы намекает на любовь нефритовых Соколов делать, порой, рискованные заявки, а вставка "но слушаясь их сама" еще больше намекает на их мастерство эти заявки потом затащить.
    Злободневно. Тренируйтесь, господа.
    Последний раз редактировалось RJF_TwiceBorn; 02.05.2013 в 04:02.

9. 4 пользователей сказали cпасибо RJF_TwiceBorn за это полезное сообщение:

Falconer (01.05.2013),RJF Shinigami (01.05.2013),RJF_TimberWolf (01.05.2013),Turon (08.06.2013)

0 Not allowed!
    неуверен, что новый вариант перевода лучше...

0 Not allowed!
    Он просто предварительный сугубо для демонстрации различия в смысле от армады и в оригинале.

0 Not allowed!
    Армадовский текст более круглый что ли...
    Remind your comrades, that in Gyrfalcon Galaxy, the will of Turkina is will of Malvina Hazen. -Khan Malvina Hazen, Clan Jade Falcon...

0 Not allowed!
    Влад задумался, пытаясь избавиться от неприятного смысла, заложенного в словах Ульрика. Ульрик был прав. Сам Влад думал, что Нефритовые Соколы уж слишком похожи на их тотемное животное, чистящее свои перышки, пронзительно кричащее, но чересчур хрупкое. Когда Волки хотели проверить своих молодых воинов в бою, их отправляли в сражение против Соколов. Когда же хотели проверить настоящих воинов в настоящей битве, то для этой цели выбирали Дымчатых Ягуаров или Призрачных Медведей. (с) Стэкпол

Похоже автор не слишком почтительно относится к Соколам. Более того на протяжении всей книги "Рожденные для войны" идет оскорбление и унижение Соколов.
    Последний раз редактировалось Vorgot; 03.05.2013 в 10:14.

0 Not allowed!
    А были сомнения после "Преступных намерений"? Так смешать клан с грязью и вложить СТОЛЬКО предубеждения - это, действительно, нужен талант.

0 Not allowed!
    Цитата Сообщение от RJF_TwiceBorn Посмотреть сообщение
    Коррекция армады.

"Жизнь - это Круг Равных.
    Там Судьба стремится подчинить себе Клан Волка и проигрывает.
    Там Судьба хочет разбить Клан Медведя и смиряется.
    Там Судьба хочет заставить прислушаться к ее речам Клан Кречета
    и внемлет Клану сама."
    (C) неизвестный отрывок из Предания нефритовых Соколов, Роберт Торстон, Путь Кланов, перевод Армады.

В оригинале:
    Fate sits high in the bidder's chair
    Trying to subdue the Wolf Clan And failing;
    Trying to outbid the Ghost Bears And losing;
    Trying to make the Jade Falcons listen to reason
    And listening instead.

Предварительный перевод:
    Судьба - желает надзирать над биддингом,
    Пытаясь ослабить Клан Волка - безуспешно
    Пытаясь перебить бид Призрачных Медведей - и проигрывая
    Пытаясь заставить Нефритовых Соколов прислушаться к ней,
    Но слушаясь их сама.

Забавным нюансом здесь является тот факт, что "Trying to make <...> listen to reason" скорее имеет значение "прислушаться к голосу разума"=), что как бы намекает на любовь нефритовых Соколов делать, порой, рискованные заявки, а вставка "но слушаясь их сама" еще больше намекает на их мастерство эти заявки потом затащить.
    Злободневно. Тренируйтесь, господа.
    Перевод, близкий к дословному - не литературен, но сильно проясняет ситуацию. Спасибо.

Ваши права